Visit the Bumper Sticker Rant community page. Chat with other ranters, go shopping, and more!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome to the New Year

So, let's get some housekeeping issues out of the way, and then right back to the stickers.

1. Domain- I'm sure that ya'll know that bumperstickerrant.com points right here. But do we want to do anything more with that. For $2 more per month I can have it hosted under the same account as my domain, and share the space. Or if we want to see how everything works out first with that I can make a subdomain, and point the page there. Just keep in mind that if we go the second (preferable for now) route the addresses along with some other stuff would change later.

2. Forums- There be tumbleweeds growing in those things again. Now that the holidays are over I'm hoping that things will pick up in both places. We've had a few people sign up, but very little conversation in there. And I'm not a stickler that it all has to be about bumper stickers. I made a general discussion area, and I care more about a community feel to this whole thing than I do about being strictly business.

3. Frappr- Still there, still just BS and me. Let's figure out where we all are.

4. Chat- Yes, kinda. When I added a chat room to my page I also added a room for BSR. Just pick the BSR room from the dropdown, and sign in. You don't have to register unless you want to reserve your name. Click here to go to the chat signin.

5. Store- I need to redo the store. I need to change the url to the basic dot com rather than the blogspot addy that it is now. But... I've been tossing around the idea of turning that basic store into a premium one.

But I need your feedback on that, since it does cost about $6/mo. The reason that I would turn it into a premium is so that we can take a more active role in the bumper sticker world. We could actually create our own bumper stickers for sale, and not just have the branded merchandise. I would not be able to do it alone. I'd need you guys to come up with things to put on the stickers, and maybe even do some designing yourselves. The money from the store would go as it was always planned to. First to cover any out of pocket expenses incurred by running the rant, and then to expanding and having fun with the rant.

6. Getting the word out- Thanks all for putting up those buttons. Traffic is still low, however. So any ideas for expanding our little community would be greatly appreciated.

For now I think that's enough for you all to think about. So leave some comments, or head over to the forums to have more detailed discussions. Don't worry, you can start a new topic if you need to, I won't bite.

Finally Happy New Year Everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home